Hello San Antonio Doula!
A group of your peers here in San Antonio started Viva Doulas several years ago as a place for local Doulas to meet in person and online to discuss ideas and share experiences.
When a Doula chooses to be a Viva Doulas member, she may enjoy:
- Membership in a professional organization which brings together Doulas from various certifying organizations with a variety of experience, background, and skills
- A personal profile which includes a picture, description of services, contact information, and link to your website from the Viva Doulas website (www.vivadoulas.org)
- Access to our private social networking groups to participate in forums, discussions, and stay up to date on local events and opportunities
- Opportunity for both formal and informal continuing education
- Opportunity to promote Doulas, increase awareness, and educate the public about Doulas
- A sense of community within our profession and networking opportunities with other Doulas
- A voice in the professional Doula community
- Mentor programs for new Doulas, opportunity to share knowledge for experienced Doulas
- Information regarding care providers, area hospitals and birth centers, and other resources in our local area
- Confidence in knowing when she introduces herself as a Viva Doulas Doula that she is associated with a highly professional organization who is recognized and respected in our local community
Our membership works hard to build the reputation of all San Antonio-area Doulas with the medical community.
¡Viva Doulas! is open to all Doulas in our community. We would like to extend an invitation for you to join us at our monthly meetings to find out more about Viva Doulas and to commune with your Doula Community. Information on meeting times can be found on our Calendar or on our public Facebook page.
Please email us at email@example.com for any questions about membership or to email your application.