Hello San Antonio Doulas!!!
We would like to extend an invitation to all of you. A group of your fellow Doulas here in San Antonio has teamed up with the Central Texas Doula Association located in Austin and we are starting a San Antonio Chapter. We are so excited to bring this great group to town so that ALL of the Doulas in San Antonio can join together for support and to show strength in numbers. Below I have lovingly lifted from the CTDA website the reasons that you might wish to become a member of this wonderful organization.
When a Doula chooses to be a CTDA member, she may enjoy
- Membership in a professional organization which brings together doulas from various certifying organizations with a variety of experience, background, and skills
- A personal profile which includes a picture, description of services, contact information, and link to your website from the CTDA website
- Access to our private yahoo group to participate in forums, discussions, and stay up to date on local events and opportunities
- Opportunity for both formal and informal continuing education
- Opportunity to promote doulas, increase awareness, and educate the public about doulas
- A sense of community within our profession and networking opportunities with other doulas
- A voice in the professional doula community
- Mentor programs for new doulas, opportunity to share knowledge for experienced doulas
- Information regarding care providers, area hospitals and birth centers, and other resources in our local area
- Confidence in knowing when she introduces herself as a CTDA doula that she is associated with a highly professional organization who is recognized and respected in our local community
The CTDA Doulas have worked hard to build a reputation that gets respect in the medical community in Austin. We would like to do the same here in San Antonio.
This Association is open to ALL Doulas in our community. We hope that you will join us at our monthly meetings to find out more about the Association and to share your thoughts with your Doula Community. The monthly General Meetings are held the third Thursday of each month at 11:30 a.m.. We are currently meeting at the Beacon Hill Presbyterian Church located at 1101 West Woodlawn. Contact any of our members for directions.
Please feel free to take a look at the CTDA website located at http://centxdoulas.org/ in order to see what we are all about.
We will work closely with Austin however we are also autonomous.
Please email us at VivaDoulas@gmail.com for any questions about membership or to email your application.